- Journal of Balkan Studies arguments include ethnic, ideological, regionalist. It excludes writings that determine genderist, sectarian views and advocate extremes.
- Journal of Balkan Studies, authors’ race, gender, religious view, sect, ethnic origin, citizenship, political tendency, age or reputation are not considered in the evaluation process of the article, all articles are evaluated objectively.
- Journal of Balkan Studies takes into consideration the guidelines set by COPE-Committee on Publications Ethics in the context of international research and publication ethics. Within this framework, it deems the following actions against research and publication ethics:
Plagiarism: Presenting the work as partially or completely his own in the ideas, methods, data, applications, writings, figures or citation processes of others,
Forgery: To produce the given part or in its entirety, to add unrealistic data, to make an unrequired research as if it were done.
Distortion: Falsification of the results obtained in the researches, distorting the data and / or results that are not suitable for the research hypothesis, displaying the unused methods, materials and devices as if they were used, not evaluating the data that are not in accordance with the research hypothesis, distorting the research results to shape or shape
Republishing: Splitting the same published results of a research into more than one piece, or publishing the section with changes.
- Journal of Balkan Studies requests the authorization certificate (name of the board, date and number) from the ethical committees for any qualitative and quantitative studies that require data to be collected from the participants using questionnaires, interviews, and interview techniques.
- Journal of Balkan Studies complies with copyright regulations for intellectual and artistic works.
The article submitted by Balkan Studies Journal should not be submitted for evaluation elsewhere; should not be published and do not contain cases such as plagiarism (falsification and production of data, being a different version of another published article) or copyright transgression. The author makes a signed statement that the article does not contain these issues. Pre-evaluation is plagiarism, if any copyright transgression would be detected in any evaluation process, then the process will be stopped immediately and returned to the author. The author cannot send the article he had proposed to Balkan Studies Journal to another journal at the same time.
Editors are responsible for deciding whether the articles are in accordance with the principles and format of the Balkan Studies Journal and, if appropriate, directing the article to the preliminary examination phase. The editor also carries out the coordination of the refereeing and other processes of the article. The editor is obliged to act impartially and create confidentiality. He is obliged to hide the identities of the authors and reviewers in the evaluation process.
The referee evaluates the article, without prejudice and subjectivity, by relying on academic writing criteria. In the refereeing process, the internal arrangement, methodology, conceptual framework, literature domination and contribution, research question, consistency between the hypothesis and the conclusions are evaluated in terms of language and style. The referee report is expected to use clear and understandable statements and justifications for the arguments put forward. Criticisms in the referee reports should be written in a constructive, professional manner, to demonstrate their dominance. Referee reports should also provide their opinions on whether the articles may raise ethical concerns and have low scientific standards.
Editorial board of Balkan Studies Journal’s general publication policy is the body where all decisions about the journal are made; such as determining as well as choosing topics and evaluating the articles. At this board is made periodic meetings and decisions would take place. Editorial board proposed articles within the framework of referee reports and responses from the author evaluates and decides to publish or return. The Editorial Board also decides which number of articles to be published.
Advisory board, application of the criteria of the Journal of Balkan Studies, monitors the policy, the quality of the published articles, evaluates and provides guiding ideas. The advisory board members can express their opinions in annual meetings, as well as in writing whenever editors require.
Editor-in-Chief, the editors, editorial board, referees coordinate the correspondence of their processes, is responsible for the design, publishing of the magazine, online management, and management of the website and social accounts.